Walter Miller, the company’s founding president, is a seasoned consultant specializing in the area of fire and life safety consulting including building code analysis.
His project experience includes conceptual studies for fire safety in buildings, fire hazards assessments, fire alarm system design, suppression system design, forensic fire engineering and failure analysis audits.
Walter’s educational credentials include a Mechanical Engineering degree from McGill University, a Business Administration diploma from the University of Western Ontario and a Computer Software diploma from Harvard University. He successfully completed the Ontario Ministry of Housing pilot program titled Comprehensive Building Code Course for Architects and Engineers.
Walter is a registered Professional Engineer in Ontario and six other provinces. In addition, he holds the designation of “Consulting Engineer” in Ontario and “Fellow of Engineers Canada“.
Walter’s contributions and leadership in developing the Canadian Nuclear fire safety standards was recognised by CSA Group when he was presented with the ‘Award of Merit’ in June 2017.
Technical Committees / Associations
- Past President of the Society of Fire Protection Engineers
- Past Chair of the Ontario Fire Code Commission
- Past Chair of the Toronto Construction Association
- Past Vice-Chair of Canadian Standards Association – CSA/N293, Fire Protection for Nuclear Power Plants
- Past Vice-Chair of Canadian Standards Association – CSA/N393, Fire Protection for Facilities that Process, Handle, or Store Nuclear Substances