Fire Protection Engineering
790 Bay St. is a medical office building including physician offices, diagnostic imaging, laboratories, physiotherapy, and dentistry. Built in 1959 by Architect, Peter Dickinson, it is one of the largest medical service buildings in Canada.
ARENCON performed the code compliance review and developed the long term retrofit strategy including installation/upgrade of sprinkler system, fire alarm system, fire safety plan development and fire and life safety reviews for tenant renovations.
Engineering & Consulting Services used
- Review and assessment of existing fire and life safety systems.
- Develop fire alarm and sprinkler system design drawings and specifications.
- Obtain building permits.
- Project management throughout the tender and construction process
- Commission and engineering sign-off of new fire alarm and sprinkler system.
- Negotiate acceptance of new fire alarm system and sprinkler with authority for permit close-out.
- Develop Fire Safety Plan and negotiate acceptance with Toronto Fire Services
- Review of tenant renovations for compliance with Ontario Building Code.
Here's what the client had to say...
A relationship lasting over a decade, ARENCON has always been a professional and trusted consultant with WCHR. ARENCON is always able to quickly grasp what we need to accomplish and has solutions at the ready for us to meet our needs and goals while ensuring Code compliance. I would highly recommend ARENCON for fire protection engineering, fire code consulting and related life safety services.