Project Management and Engineering for New Building
This project involved the design and construction of a new 34,500 ft 2 (3,200 m 2 ) record storage building and phased fit-out of a three level catwalk rack storage system for Iron Mountain.
ARENCON provided a complete project management and design solution for Iron Mountain. ARENCON managed the construction of the building from Site Plan Approval through to building occupancy including the rack storage fit-out and were the fire protection engineers and code consultants for Iron Mountain on the project. ARENCON worked closely with the design-build general contractor and provided design guidance on the base building portion of the project from conceptual design through to project completion. ARENCON reviewed the design of the fire and life safety systems for the base building portion and designed and commissioned the fire and life safety systems for the rack storage fit-out.
Engineering & Consulting Services usedBase Building
- Assisted Iron Mountain and the general contractor in identifying the project and budget requirements for the new building and rack storage system.
- Provided design guidance to the general contractor to meet client and Code requirements in many aspects of the design including life safety, sprinkler and fire alarm systems.
- Project managed the base building construction including managed the budget, schedule, conflict resolution and conducted weekly meetings with the general contractor, Iron Mountain and other members of the project team.
- Managed the multi-million dollar base building contract and provided payment certification.
- Provided a conceptual rack layout drawing for 3-level catwalk rack storage system to address code issues including egress, exiting and travel distance requirements.
- Designed fire protection systems including automatic in-rack sprinkler protection, fire alarm and VESDA air aspiration systems, and L.E.D lighting.
- Coordinated and manage tendering process for several trades including the rack storage system, in-rack sprinkler system, fire alarm and VESDA air aspiration system, electrical and L.E.D. lighting installations, material lift, building security and IT installations.
- Prepare and submit Building Permit package to the City of Kingston for the rack storage system.
- Project managed construction of the rack storage system including managed contractors, project budget, schedule, contract management, payment certification, conducted weekly conference calls, and provided conflict resolution.
- Conduct final site reviews and commissioning of the fire and life safety systems.
- Coordinate permit closing and city inspections.
- Preparation and submission of project close out packages to the owner.
Here's what the client had to say...
The best project managers have projects run smoothly without anyone ever knowing why. ARENCON does this exceedingly well. Their technical knowledge and efficient communication make a project come together. The team at ARENCON are incredibly detail-orientated with a very goal-orientated, objective-focused approach to project management.